Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Look at the Birdie



I took this picture one day while I was at my grandmother’s. I was testing out different ways to to get depth of field with the new camera I had received for Christmas. I looked around the house and I didn’t see anything that I liked until I came across this fake bird. I remembered how last year in digital photography we had an assignment in which we made toys look real, so I decided to do the same with this bird. I really like the depth of field that I got and that I didn’t shoot the bird head on because the side profile looked a lot better. I wish a little more of the nest had blurred instead of the body of the bird, and I wish I had better lighting for a nicer contrast.
~BK

7 comments:

  1. I really like this picture. The focus in this is cool because it creates a path for the viewer to follow. The lighting in the picture is also very well done.

    JC SPHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the aperture in this picture and also that the bird starts on one side of the frame and becomes clearer throughout. The colors really add an earthy fell and I really like the simplicity. The bird almost looks real!
    -Nicole ERHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I thought this was a real bird at first. I really like the depth of field and how the bird looks like its coming out of the photo. The colors and lighting really add to it too.
    -Danika M. FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the depth of field on this picture, it make the bird look more real. The lines are also really good, the branches make you look at the bird and also the colors, all are really warm.
    The picture is really original and the bird almost looks real.
    Teresa B

    ReplyDelete
  5. i the depth of field in this picture how the head is not blurry and the body is
    Justin l
    fphs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that its a bird, birds are a hobby of mine.
    I also like the depth of field, from the head to the toe, i also enjoy how the nest frames the birdy. Amazing lighting my friend.
    justin st.pierre - fphs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photo is really cool, especially since it looks so real (I didn’t know it was a fake bird at first). There is good depth of field, as well as curved lines of the nest. The angle is good and you’re drawn to the bird immediately. I wish the lighting was a little bit brighter, but overall it’s really good.
    Chloe-- FPHS

    ReplyDelete