Monday, February 13, 2012

Quarter After

I took this picture at Franklin Pierce. Our assignment was to take self portraits, and right when I saw the bright blue sky I knew I wanted to incorporate that in my picture. Instead of shooting a plane Jane picture that everyone else does, and just shoot my face I took a little different route. I wish that the garbage can would not be there so that you could see the FPHS sign. It only reads part of the H, and S. This I turned in as my best self portrait photo even though you can’t really see what I look like.
Shon R

6 comments:

  1. I like how the foreground subject is nothing but a silhouette. Good framing. The lighting for the silhouette is awesome and the focus on the school is really sharp.

    - Tyler H ERHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this picture because I like how the shadow is placed infront of the background. This picture doesn’t have a “real” main object which makes it so cool. I like the combination of the colors. It looks really good. The lightening makes it to something special. Nice idea, good picture!

    - Aylin E, FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture shows an intresting look in lighting and how on a clear day you can see a very beautiful tan shaped building glow basically and it also makes it intresting in the concept that the shadowing of the character is also drawing more color towards the area around him -jr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture, I really like how you put yourself and the garbage can in black, It makes you spot out more and I like how the school building has very good framing and lightening.
    Janet G. FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its really cool how in this picture, the gym has perfectly straight edges, and the clock is in full detail. I like how the person is silhouetted, somewhat blurry, and frames the picture. It gives it a nice compositional look.
    Lindsey C. - FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the shadow is apart of the picture however it doesn't make it dark, or sad looking. The person is in rule of thirds and it allows you to see the pop of blue for the background. I really like this photo because it is unique.
    Hannah D. FPHS

    ReplyDelete