Friday, March 2, 2012

Hopeless

I really love this picture because the depth of field is very apparent, and it makes the picture look nice. The focus is all on the flower, which is the most important thing in the picture. You can see the detail of the dead leaves clearly, and it brings out the meaning in the flower. It’s “Hopeless” because it’s obviously dying. I had to take this picture many times in order to get it right because the camera kept focusing on the background rather than the flower. Something that I I could improve on in this picture is making the top of the flower more focused because it isn’t as focused as the rest of the flower.
Kiera L

3 comments:

  1. The title of this photo fits it perfectly. I like how the one flower is brought into focus, and the smaller flower is in the background blurred out. The depth of field adds a ton of focus onto the flower.
    Jessica-FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this picture because of how rustic it looks, and the black center make the yellow really POP! And how the back ground is blurred and the depth of field is really nice. And the texture is amazing.
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this picture a lot! I loved how you used Depth of Field to clearly focus on the flower, and to blur the background out. I also like how this picture tells a story; that the flower is distressed and frankly dead. You also did a good job with using the Rule of Thirds; however you could have made the flower a little more off centered. I like that you captured all the vibrant colors of not only the flower, but also the leaves in the background. Great photo!

    Brooke-ERHS

    ReplyDelete