Friday, April 20, 2012

Lazy Saturday Morning

This picture was an assignment given to me in photography. I was told to take portraits of people outside of the class room. Instead of the hassle of dealing with an actual human model I decided to go a little bit different route. I was trying to 2 days to get good picture of Petey (my dog), but the first day he just continued to move and fidget all over the place. So the second day I woke up early and decided to go on a run with him. After the run I knew he would be dead, and want to lay down so I executed the plan, and it worked perfectly giving me a picture of him looking right at me just being perfectly still!
Shon R

6 comments:

  1. I like how the focus is directly on the dog and he looks lazy and kind of sad so it makes me feel touched. He being right on the rule of thirds point pulls my eyes straight towards his face. I like this picture a lot. It has a dramatic feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture has good rule of thirds, it also has a little bit of depth of field. The colors aren’t that good because the blend together but overall it is a good picture.

    maria-fphs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image offers a focus on a dog that looks exhausted. As the photographer described that he was after a long walk, you could tell the dog wanted to relax after being put exercise. The image offers rule of thirds where the dog only takes up 1/3 of the image.
    Zac R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you told a story through this picture. You can tell that the dog is exhausted and very lazy. You did a good job with using the Rule of Thirds and also a little bit of Depth of Field. I didn’t like how you used flash to capture your subject because it made a glare on the dogs eyes. Also, I wish the picture had more colors to bring more life into it, instead of blending together. But overall, it’s a good photo.

    Brooke-ERHS

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this picture because it has a great rule of thirds and depth of field with the chairs in the background blurred.

    anthonym-FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  6. this picture is really good, the first thing that caught my eye was the rule of thirds and then the emotion in the dogs face looks lazy and sad. im a dog person and i love it when people take pictures of dog because there mans best friend.
    Blakefphs

    ReplyDelete