Monday, February 25, 2013

Wounded Warrior

In this picture if you look closely you can see that this bug is missing a leg and is wounded. I don’t really like bugs all that much but I do like animals and nature. I know what it’s like to have an injured leg, it’s difficult and tiring to do normal things. And I wanted to show that through this picture. It’s a warrior bug because it is just this small little thing living in a world where everything else is bigger, but the bug is strong enough to live through it all even though its injured.  
Breanna S

4 comments:

  1. I like this photo for a few different reasons. I like that the main subject, the bug, is in focus. I also think that the background is perfectly in and out of focus for the setting of the picture. The colors are nice and bright. The cropping of this photo is nicely done. Overall, this is a lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera focused on the plant, not the insect. There is a lot of green in this photo. The photo has a weak subject with a strong background. It is a good strategy to try and balance the relationship between subject and background. This photo leaves a green feeling.

    Student of FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the texture in this picture because you can see the furry things on the edge of the leaf, and you can tell that the crane fly is missing some legs.
    -CodyF - FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice picture, good depth and contrast while maintaining near-perfect focus. You over-did it a bit on the saturation and sharpen tool which caused the center of the mosquito to appear blown-out and made the legs appear a bit fake but otherwise the picture has excellent use of elements. I like how you got the flowers in the shot, they gave the image depth and feeling while using the all-important rule of thirds element. Overall I really like how this picture turned out, the colors are strong and the focus is good, really nice work!

    Colby S. -FPHS

    ReplyDelete