Saturday, March 12, 2011

Erased


I took this photo of my cousin Bailey. It was just a random photo shoot we did at around 11pm the Saturday before Valentine’s Day. We were bored. So I decided to take some photos. I really like this picture because it’s pretty basic. Not much done to it, although I did tweak the lighting a bit, it was a little bit darker and I adjusted the contrast as well. I used Photoshop for this and I erased part of the background to make it look a little bit cooler and not so bland.  I worked on the lighting. I had three lamps. One on either side of her, and one in front, so I could get light from all angles. I like the color. I like the areas where I erased it; it gives the picture some nice lines.
Kieran

7 comments:

  1. I like the exposure. It really brightens the picture. I also like the fact that the girl is centered which captures my attention. You used rule of thirds well. I like this picture is weird, but artistic.
    -A.K.
    FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how dramatic this photo is! Even though her body spans the photo, her face is only on the side, giving it a “rule of thirds” effect that’s really unique. The lighting and the colors seem almost start, but lend an almost vintage feel to the photo, I really like it. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this photo! Nice job overall. I like that it's a portrait of this girl and how it's not boring and just straight on. I also like that you got creative with the photo and decided to erase some and turn the photo to a cartoonish look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool picture. it looks really professional and really pretty. i love the background eraser effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the light catches he face. This photo is really great love the background eraser effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this photo because it looks slightly like a painting. The photo shopped background gives it a really cool affect.
    I think the lighting on it is perfect as well.
    This is a very cool portrait.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how this looks like an old photograph from way back when. I’m a little confused on what’s coming out of the back of her head. Also why there is so much white space up top, if you would have erased all the way to the top of the picture it would make it look more interesting than it already is.
    H. Whitehead

    ReplyDelete