Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jubilance

I’m a huge black and white fan, so I love this photo in those tones. I caught her in a moment of laughter, which put a natural smile on her face and gives the photo a more relaxing feel. In post-processing, all I did was add a little vignette and brightened up her a face a bit to make it stand out. Then I added the black and white and put a bit of a purple-ish tint in there to make it more unique. The one thing I would change is that I would have moved a little more to the left so that she’d be more on a third of the photo. Otherwise, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
 Sarah S

3 comments:

  1. I really like this photo and its use of black and white. The focus is perfect and the depth of field really adds to the image. Alison is caught in a jubilant mood and it really lights up her personality.
    Austin-FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the perfect focus and depth of field! The black and white is very pretty and makes you focus on Allycn's face, rather that the background or her outfit. I agree that if you moved more to the left, it would be more rule of thirds and leading the subject.
    Good job, Sarah!:)
    ~ Chloe D. FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really the depth of field in this photo. It really makes the subject pop out and command your attention. I also enjoy the fact that the photographer took this in black and white. Even though its in BW the subject portrays a really happy mood, and the lack of color is made up by how the light is on the subject, which really brightens the mood.
    Mitchell G. FPHS

    ReplyDelete