Friday, January 6, 2012

Imagine

I took this photo on a senior photo shoot with several other girls. I was experiencing with a different types of shots than what I usually do – which is more standard senior photos (you know, leaning against a brick wall… that kind of thing). I wanted her to give just a natural stare at the camera, and I love how it turned out. Her dramatic eyelashes and eyeliner give a slight edge to the picture, but it still has a simplistic look to it. In post processing I turned the photo black and white and added the smallest purplish tint to it. If I could take the photo over again, I would have left just a bit more room on the left side of her head. Otherwise, I really like this photo and how it turned out.
Sarah S.

5 comments:

  1. I think it’s a really great photo I like the black and white and the rule of thirds and depth of field and shes quite attractive.

    -Daniel C fphs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite pictures, the depth of field was really good, and the detail and focus on her was good also. Her eyes added a really nice touch to it, because of her long lashes and eyeliner. Overall I thought this was a very nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black and white photos so I was drawn to this picture. I agree with you about maybe having a bit more showing on the left of her to give a nice balance. Overall I love this photo!
    Nina P.- FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this portrait, I think that this photo has good exposure. If anything, it would be a little over exposed because her face becomes very bright but the photo is okay. The depth of field in this picture works well, it’s very deep and it helps me focus on her more. There aren’t too many el. of comp. but the dark in her hair and shirt really contrasts the background and her face. It goes together well, it’s almost improper balance. This portrait shows simplicity and subtle happiness as she gives a calm smile. I like this photo a lot because it’s not distracting and I can really focus on the subject.

    Jenna - FPHS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the deep depth of field and the focus that was given to the subject. I really like that you put everything black and white and gave it a purple tint. I really liked how the photographer caught the beauty in her facial expression.

    Daniel-FPSH

    ReplyDelete